Are you honoring your parents as they complete fifty years of being married? If you are planning a party for your parents, from sending out invitations to arranging for food catering services, here are some ideas on how to plan a great fiftieth wedding anniversary event:
The Invitations - Unless it's a surprise party, it would be a good idea to involve your parents in planning the invitation list:
- Decide together how many guests you will invite. That will help you to determine where you'll hold your parent's party.
- Will the event be a casual one or a formal one? Knowing that ahead of time will help you to pick the right invitations.
- Think of doing something fun and special with the invitations. For example, consider using their wedding photo as the front of the invitation.
- It's a good idea for you to put on the invitation the proper attire for the event. For example, if it's an elegant event, write something like Black Tie or Sunday Best on the invitation.
The Food - Hire a caterer!
- Of course, your parent's friends are coming to the party to honor them. However, the food will definitely be an important part of the party.
- You're going to be busy entertaining your parents and your guests at the party, so hiring a caterer to do the work for you is a smart move.
- Are you going with a casual event? In that case, consider having something like barbecue with all the traditional sides. A Mexican food bar that includes things like fajitas, enchiladas, guacamole and the regular sides would both be great choices.
- If you are having a formal event, consider a sit-down dinner. Think about offering a choice for the meat. For example, let the guests decide between baked chicken and baked salmon.
No matter what you serve for the food, think about having a wedding cake for dessert. The caterer will even take care of the wedding cake. It would be a lot of fun for your parents if you would get the baker to copy your parent's original wedding cake from a photograph. If you decide on another dessert, still think of giving your guests party favors in the form of wedding cake squares in pretty little boxes. If the caterer doesn't provide that service, he or she will more than likely be able to give you a recommendation of somebody who will get the little party favors ready for you.
Contact a company like Menu For Your Venue Inc for more information and assistance.Share